Friday, August 21, 2015

On the Bright Side

 On the Bright Side

The blue skies of summer are quickly passing. Because I have a birthday during the summer, this time of year is a reminder of getting yet another year older.

In youth, I could not wait till I became an adult. Youth gives one the promise of the wondrous journey ahead. Age gives you the lens of time to see what you have learned along the way. 

Now that I have seen 64 summers, I have come to appreciate the miracles in my life and have come to know and appreciate what God has tried to teach us through so many people over time. What few commandments that God has given us while honoring his gift of free agency, I have come to find to be protections out of His love for us, rather than restrictions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment